Terms and conditions of trading
Every person taking part in any water sports activity provided by SIC ( SUPinCRETE ) is required to read and complete this document. By signing this document you are accepting that you have read and understood all of the information and risks associated with the water based activities on site.
All participants must listen to all safety briefings and instructions before taking part in any activities. You must NOT partake in any activity if you do not feel you have understood the briefings and/or instructions. If you require more assistance please do not hesitate to ask a member of the SIC team.
All participants must obey all instructions given by SIC staff at all times. SIC reserves the right to terminate any activity with immediate effect if any of the staff feel that participants are not following the rules and following instructions:
- Strictly no alcohol or nonprescription drugs are to be consumed before or during any activity. If any member of the SIC staff deem that you are under the influence of any altering substance, you will not be permitted to take part in any activities;
- All protective equipment including buoyancy aids and head protection must be worn for the duration of the activity;
- All rented equipment must remain on site and returned to the designated area after use. The equipment remains the property of SIC and in the event of any damage being caused to the equipment through fault of the user, the participant is liable to pay for the repair/replacement;
- All participants must understand that water-sports of any nature can be a dangerous activity. Whilst all efforts are made to safeguard our customers from such dangers, accidents and injuries can happen. In agreeing to take part in this activity and signing this disclaimer, you are acknowledging these dangers and agree to take part at your own discretion;
- SIC is not liable for damage or loss to persons or property however incurred;
- All existing injuries or health issues that may be affected by you taking part in this activity must be reported to SIC staff before taking part and noted in the appropriate section of this disclaimer (e.g. Heart Problems, asthma, Diabetes, Allergies);
- All information given will be treated with strict confidentiality. Threatening behavior towards any SIC staff or other visitor on site is not tolerated. Any behavior of this sort will result in yourself being asked to leave the site.
All courses are booked for the specified dates and are non-transferable. No course booking is confirmed before payment has been cleared through SUPinCRETE (SIC) bank account.
The minimum number of students for classes is 2 on courses loading of 6 persons or less. Where low numbers occurs SIC will notify the student booked on the class and arrange another day.
The student may change or cancel the booking at any time up to 1 day prior to the course start date by calling SIC to arrange a different date. The students SIC account will then be credited with the amount due to them minus cost of new course. Any booking less than 1 day can only be changed if a suitable replacement is found to fill the course.
Refunds to the full value of the money paid may be refunded up to 1 day prior to the course less and incurred costs. Bookings are only confirmed on receipt of payment.
SIC will provide tuition and all the equipment required for the student to undertake the course.
Accommodation is not available on any of the courses, unless specifically detailed on the course notes.
Course times are as detailed. Late arrivals may not be able to join the course if the course has left the base area. No refunds or rebooking is permitted.
Personal equipment, Buoyancy aids are provided for all courses.
The student must accept that all courses are weather dependent and that this may adversely affect your course. If in the judgment of SIC a course is unable to start due to the weather conditions, or because safety could be compromised for any reason, students will be offered a credit in respect of any days owed to them by SIC. It is then the responsibility of the student to contact SIC within 3 days to re-arrange their booking. No refunds will be paid. In the event of a course that has started being abandoned through changing weather conditions, students will be offered where possible the following: The balance of the course remaining on the next available course with a maximum of 1 week from the cancelled course date. Students will be notified as soon as possible when in-fill places become available.
All decisions regarding the running or cancellation of any course are at the absolute discretion SIC whose decision shall be final.
We sometimes video or photograph courses for use on our publicity pages, i.e. Web site, Facebook, flyers etc. You must inform us if you do not wish to have any photos of yourself published.
Students, parents, and guardians must be aware that watersports and all other activities offered by SIC are potentially dangerous and are undertaken entirely at the student’s own risk. By ticking the box on the booking page the student confirms that he/she has read and understood these booking conditions and accepts the same.